I love to use smoothies as part of my breakfast or as a mid-afternoon snack, or a pick-me-up before teaching kickboxing.
I’m not a huge fan of creamy smoothies anymore. Instead, I like to focus on lots of greens, fruits, and water, so it’s almost like a juice.
Here are some of my favourite combinations:
- kale, raspberries, celery
- kale, blueberries, pineapple
- kale, celery, orange, pineapple
- kale, orange, pineapple, ginger
- kale, pineapple, coconut
- I wrote kale for all of the above combos, but I like to switch it up by alternating with spinach and swiss chard
- I use twice as much greens as fruit
- I always add coconut oil and flax seeds
- I personally like to use lots of water to thin it out like a thick juice
- I also read a great tip (thanks Pinterest!) that you can put all of your week’s smoothie ingredients into little baggies and freeze them individually so when you want one all you have to do is pop it into the blender and add liquid.